From the comfort of my sofa

I just like to read! There is no greater pleasure than a peaceful house and a good book. I will read most genres but not sure I have the imagination to really "get" some science fiction and fantasy.

Very close to reality so may not be for everyone!

The Wrong Hand - Jane Jago

This was a really difficult book to read and review.  The parallels between this and a real-life incident in the UK are too close to resist speculating how much basis there is in fact.  My predominant emotion here is sadness, sadness for the child and his family, sadness for the perpetrators and their families and sadness for everyone affected by it.
I struggled through the first half of the book, wondering whether this was just a re-hash of what had been played out in the UK news for many years and therefore was not really something I was interested in reading. However, about half way through it picked up and became much more interesting, focusing on how everyone affected moved on.  I think I would have rather had more about life after the event and certainly more about the journalist's investigations into child-murderers in history and in different cultures.
Overall, a very sad book.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for giving me and advanced copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.