From the comfort of my sofa

I just like to read! There is no greater pleasure than a peaceful house and a good book. I will read most genres but not sure I have the imagination to really "get" some science fiction and fantasy.

Hmmm ...

S is for Stranger: a gripping psychological thriller - Louise Stone
  An interesting book, I can't say I enjoyed it as I felt uncomfortable throughout but needed to read to the end to find out. I didn't like any of the characters but that is not usually an issue for me. However, I felt that I was watching a character's total disintegration and this made me uncomfortable. Having read to the end I think I understood it but I'm not really sure. Certainly intriguing, not really sure that it came off as well as it could have and I would have preferred a bit more clarit An interesting book, I can't say I enjoyed it as I felt uncomfortable throughout but needed to read to the end to find out. I didn't like any of the characters but that is not usually an issue for me. However, I felt that I was watching a character's total disintegration and this made me uncomfortable. Having read to the end I think I understood it but I'm not really sure. Certainly intriguing, not really sure that it came off as well as it could have and I would have preferred a bit more clarity in the ending (not to change the ending though!)

I am very torn between two and three stars - three stars means I liked it, and I'm not really sure that I did, but I don't want to only give two stars as I certainly was intrigued enough to need to read to the end, and quickly too! So I'm going with my gut feel, which is 3 stars.

Thank you to Netgalley and Carina UK for a copy of this in exchange for my honest review.