From the comfort of my sofa

I just like to read! There is no greater pleasure than a peaceful house and a good book. I will read most genres but not sure I have the imagination to really "get" some science fiction and fantasy.

A thrilling page-turner

Cambridge Blue - Alison Bruce

I was recommended this book by a friend who lives in the area where the book is set and, to be honest I hadn’t heard of either it or the author.

However, I have to say I really enjoyed it. It is a thrilling page-turner that I didn’t really want to put down for the two days it took to read it. I found the plot to be quite complex with a lot of shallow, unlikeable characters but it remained pacy and kept me turning the pages.  The main character, Goodhew, was a little irritating in that he seems a bit spoilt and has an inability to stick to the rules, but it is refreshing to read a detective without an alcohol or other major problem in his life.

I will be very interested now to read the remainder of the series, everyone says they get better and, if this is the case, then they must be a real treat!