From the comfort of my sofa

I just like to read! There is no greater pleasure than a peaceful house and a good book. I will read most genres but not sure I have the imagination to really "get" some science fiction and fantasy.
The Child - Sebastian Fitzek

Having finished the book, I’m not sure what I was expecting but it wasn’t what I got. This was dark and twisty and everything I expected but I think I was too focused on finding out the “how” rather than letting the story flow.  Therefore I was frustrated when reading and found myself skim reading bits in order to get to it.

I gave it four stars because there was no reason not to, it was exactly what it purported to be, it delivered exactly what the reader would expect and therefore was a good book. I think, for me, having to suspend disbelief and allow the story to run along the lines of re-incarnation or some other supernatural theme just didn’t sit easily with a quite gritty crime book.  I have read others by this author and think I preferred them.

Thank you to Netgalley and Little, Brown Book Company for allowing me a copy to read in exchange for my honest review.