From the comfort of my sofa

I just like to read! There is no greater pleasure than a peaceful house and a good book. I will read most genres but not sure I have the imagination to really "get" some science fiction and fantasy.

This is an absolute gem of a book

Light From Other Windows - Chris Chalmers

This is an absolute gem of a book. I really don’t need to say much more except go and get a copy and read it! I read this on a break from my more regular diet of psychos, killers and those who try to catch them, and have to say that rarely have I been caught up in a book so quickly and so completely.  Light from other windows is a story of a family reeling from the tragic loss of their 19 year old son/brother and the secrets and revelations that come from his personal blog.  It is emotional, touching, witty and heart-breaking  with a final chapter that is both unexpected and beautiful.  The writing is wonderful, easy to read, beautifully flowing and intelligent, characters are well rounded and the relationships so real.  This really is a book that I would highly recommend.

Thank you to the author who so kindly gave me a copy at THE Book Club (TBC) meet up.