From the comfort of my sofa

I just like to read! There is no greater pleasure than a peaceful house and a good book. I will read most genres but not sure I have the imagination to really "get" some science fiction and fantasy.
The Mistake I Made: A Novel - Paula Daly

Well I made the mistake of starting this book late one evening - the mistake being that I stayed up reading virtually all night as I just couldn't put it down!  This is the first of Paula Daly's books that I have read, although I do have "What Kind of Mother Are You?" waiting on my Kindle and straight after pressing save on this review I will be going off to read it.

This is a fast moving, suspenseful psychological thriller in which the author has put a normal person - Roz is about as normal as anyone can be - into a seriously abnormal, scary, extreme situation and boy does it work well!  I was enthralled, wanting to grab Roz and give her a shake for being so stupid while at the same time sympathising knowing that you would do anything in your power to protect and provide for your child.  The other characters were well drawn and the setting, The Lake District, was described beautifully. This was by turns unsettling and thrilling and it felt as though I was crashing towards an inevitable ending where I couldn't turn the page fast enough!  Overall a great read, easy, pacy and thrilling - just what you want!
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read in exchange for an honest review.