From the comfort of my sofa

I just like to read! There is no greater pleasure than a peaceful house and a good book. I will read most genres but not sure I have the imagination to really "get" some science fiction and fantasy.

A good, pacy, easy-reading thriller.

No One Needs To Know - Kevin O'Brien

This is a 3.5 stars book for me.

This is the first I have read from this author and it is a little while since I have read an American-set Thriller.  At first I was a little confused as the first few chapters of the book seemed unrelated to the storyline I was expecting.  But gradually I picked up the story and things fell into place.
It was certainly fast-moving and there was a lot going on.  I’m not certain that Laurie’s background story added an awful lot to the book as a whole and I thought the ending to that was weaker than I expected.
However, I really enjoyed the main story, it was a bit unbelievable and I’m sure that in real-life there’d be very different decisions made, as a thriller it was fast-moving and exciting and there were moments of shock.
Overall, I’d say it is a good, pacy, easy-reading thriller.  Not too taxing but with enough to keep you wanting to read on – ideal for the summer by the pool.   I’ll definitely look up the other books by Kevin O’Brien.

Thank you to Kensington Books and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.